CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer Days = Play Days

This summer has been lovely!  We have been trying to keep it simple! :)
Other then John's therapy (4x a week) we have nothing else "in writing"   -- everyday we just make sure there is time for the boys to be KIDS! :D

We wake up around 8am and have breakfast- scrambled eggs, fruit, waffle/bagel and milk.  Then it is time to change diapers and put on play clothes.  I do sunscreen 2-3 times a day (morning and after nap; I re-apply if we are doing water activities)  most mornings we play in the backyard doing sand box, sprinkler, water table, tee-ball, find the..., pulling weeds, biking on the tricycle, oh and of course, squishing bugs!! 
I have the boys play inside while I make lunch (about 11-11:30).  They do books, puzzles, blocks or sometimes watch WordWorld.  They eat lunch and then it is time for books and naps (1-3pm).  Usually they both practically fall over into bed.  I try to run them in the AM so they will take a nice long nap.  While the boys nap I eat lunch and then clean up the kitchen, do a load or two of laundry and a quickie clean up in the whole house.  There is usually about 45 minutes of down time for me then, sometimes I take a quick nap, read the news paper, organize toys, plan meals schedules, return calls/emails.  Once the boys wake up I re-apply SPF and we go to the backyard to have a snack. I have been having the boys do their afternoon snacks outside so the house stays clean for when Ryan gets home from work.  :)  We just simply play then until the big ol' truck rolls into the garage! 
I think it is so important not to over schedule kids!!  I can say that now because our kids are still so young. :)  It is pretty easy to keep it simple right now- I hope I am able to try and stick to this as the kids grow up. 
Summer = PLAY!
:D

0 comments: