CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

Stephen is officially done nursing.  He is 13 months and 10 days.  The important thing is that HE was ready.  I had made some changes to his nursing routine that made it possible and comfortable for me-  I cut him back to morning, afternoon and before bed.  However, the last 2 days he has had no interest.  I would try to nurse him and all he would to was push away and even cry a little. 
Tonight, I thought I would give it one last try.  I got John his cup of almond milk and vitamins to have before bed while I was going to nurse Stephen (like I do every night).  All Stephen wanted was John's cup of milk. 

I am OK with this.  My goal was to make it to one year.  I did! I decided that anything after a year was a bonus, and everyday I made it extra I would give myself a little pat on the back. ;)   It is a little sad because Stephen is growing up!  I can't believe how much his is growing like a weed!! I guess we are moving on to the next chapter... what ever that is. :)

<3 <3 Bitter Sweet <3 <3 

2 comments:

Jodi

Congratulations Caroline! 13 months is quite the breastfeeding accomplishment, especially with all you went through! Enjoy this next stage of Stephen's life!

Caroline

Thanks Jodi!! You went through so much with BFing too... I thought of you many, many days. It feels good to be done when SJ was ready- not me making that decision for him. :) It does feel a little weird not nursing him.... like tonight, I could go out with friends and not need to be home by his bedtime!
Loving your blog- I am a big fan! Thanks for all of your honest posts, they are so refreshing. :)