CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 10, 2011

Stephen turns ONE~!

I didn't realize how much different it would feel to have SJ turn one then it did to have John turn one.  I am much more sad about the fact that my baby is no longer a baby... he is ONE.  Now, when people ask me how old my kids are I need to say, 1 and 2.  That also means I can no longer use the I am still working on loosing my pregnancy weight.... umm... hello! Your "baby" is one! That excuse has officially ran its term.  I have no excuses left, I just simply need to get back to my pre-pregnancy self.  And, boy am I ready!  It is draining in so many ways to be over weight.  Ugh.  Oh wait!! This isn't a weight blog, it is a blog about Stephen!!!!

We planned a birthday party for Stephen on his actual birthday, June 3rd.  We invited all of our immediate family, spouses/GFs/BFs, and Ryan's grandparents.  Almost everyone came to our house on that hot Friday night!  Ryan L and Jinette came early and helped me wash chairs, set up the table in the backyard, pick up the cakes, watch the boys, bathe and dress them! I thought I was "ready" HA little did I know I needed their help! Thank you!! 

The party started at 5:30 and everyone staggered in as their work week ended.  :)  Sara stayed home because she had a cold and didn't want to spread her illness to SJ because he had surgery this week (Again!)  Alana was working at St. Olaf for their reunion weekend.  She was cleaning dorms to get them ready for the alumni to come and stay in them.  And, Grandma and Papa Brown stayed home at the last minute because of possible sever weather in the western suburbs.  Other then that, it was game on!  Jana provided dinner for everyone of brats, fruit salad, potato salad and baked beans.  The perfect meal for a hot summer night!  John served 'ice tea' to everyone, even if they didn't ask for it.  Stephen was so cute, he wore a shirt that said "Birthday Boy," enjoyed his dinner and loved his cupcake!!!  We opened presents....John opened everyones gifts and sat around and chatted.  It was a perfect night.  Happy Birthday Stephen! XO
Birthday Boy Stephen!
Nummy!  SJ waiting for his "smash cake" A cupcake...

First bites... NUM NUM NUM


Birthday kisses form mommy. I love you Stevie Joe! 

Momma and her boys!

SJ was a little 'heat struck' and full of sugar from the cupcake and frosting.

Washing it all down with cold milk

Big brother John enjoying his cupcake too! 

SJ and his Godfather, Mark.  (With Auntie Jinette in the background!)


John "helping" Stephen open his gifts...



Gifts all around! ....
Grandma and Popa Lais: Wheelbarrow, bath toy and Button puzzles
Kelli and Dan: Elmo Camera and Drum
Mark: Sock and Shoes
Grandma and Bopa Patrick: Swim shirts, Beach Bags, and Professional pictures of the boys
Lauren: "Patrick was a saint, I AIN'T!" Shirt
Alana:  Pat the Bunny Book
Glennie Ann: Card and money for his college fund
Grandma Evie: Card and money for his college fund
Mom and Dad: Sand and beach toys and a toy truck to play with outside.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR COMING AND CELEBRATING STEPHEN WITH US!  FAMILY MEANS EVERYTHING TO US!! XXXOOO

0 comments: