CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 10, 2011

Health Update Since ENT Surgery

I thought I would do a little update on both boys since their surgeries....

John: This was the answer to (a lot of) your health problems!! :)  You were running a fever almost daily (4-6 days a week) and since you had your adenoids removed you have not had one!!!!  I am so happy to report that fever wise you are 100% healthy! Yahoo!!

Stephen: You have been 75% better since you had your adenoids out and tubes put in.  You have not ran a fever since you had surgery, but you have had 2 ear infections, quite the runny nose and you still have the stinky "after surgery" breath.  I took you back to Dr. Malone and she was not too happy that I was saying you were still sick and looking for advice.  I got shouted at.....  "Mrs. Patrick, I am the best ENT you can find and your pediatrician does not know what an ear infection looks like because there isn't one! His ears are red because you are holding him too tight while I look in them!"  Ummm... needless to say, I will never ever step back in that lady's office.  She is rude and arrogant! I took SJ to a different pediatric ENT at Children's hospital in Minneapolis.  I loved the Dr we saw!  He talked to me a long time about how some kids do still get ear infections (no matter how tight you hold them!) even when they have tubes.  He said that if/when he gets an ear infection again I should bring him back and he will do a betadine wash in the OR.  So far so good!  No other ear infections, the runny nose is still here but I can deal with that~   :)

0 comments: