CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 12, 2011

OUR Santa "Experience"

We have visited with a few Santa's this year already....

Ryan and I took the kids to the Macy's display in Minneapolis a few weeks back.  The Santa was a bit of a bust.  He didn't say much and it was pretty rushed.  None the less, John was pretty excited! He thought Santa did a great job and walked out of there hoping his request for "daddy tools" was heard loud and clear. (Translation: daddy tools = power tools! ...yikes!)   Stephen was not impressed- he scouled the whole time and was happy to leave.  It made for some great photo opps! haha

I have gotten RAVE reviews of the Santa at the MOA! RAVE REVIEWS!  I can't count the number of moms who say he is the only Santa they will take their kids to.  So, last year I decided that Ryan and I should be sure we get the boys in to this Santa.  It was around the 20th of December when I decided this... needless to say, that is when I also learned that you need an appointment to see him!  He was very booked by this time in the season.  So, I promised myself I would get them in this year.

Let's back up a few weeks.  It was a couple days after Thanksgiving.  I rememberd I needed to make an appointment for Santa.  I went online to book it and he was almost booked already!  All of his evenings were taken up but had some time during the days left.  So, I booked him for Thursday, Dec 8 at 11am.  Thinking that my mom has Thursdays off and it would be fun to go see Santa with Gamma! :)
I had no idea where Santa was located, I had just seen pictures of him -- sitting in a tall back green chair.  So, that is was I was looking for.  We found a Santa by the Sear's court that was in the chair I was looking for.  BINGO! I was super excited.  I had typed in the kids info in their appointemt booking so Santa would know everything about John and Stephen .  Game On!  
Well, it was pretty bad.  The Santa really didn't say but 2 words, he wouldn't smile for a picture and the "elves" were duds too. I was so confused!  When we left, my mom said, they never mentioned anything about appointmet times and he was pretty bad... are you sure he was THE Santa?!! We were SURE he wasn't, but we had missed our scheduled appointment time by them.  So, we walked around the mall, looking at toys, browsing the Disney store and then had lunch. 

The next day: My mom called and wanted to know if I would come to the MOA to meet up with my grandma Kreuser so she could see the boys before we leave for AZ.  We were actually on our way out the door to a trampoline park so the boys were in mis-matched outfits and a bit of a mess.  But, I still wanted to go see grandma. 
As we were walking around the mall, I was still thinking about how I still haven't found THE Santa.  I was watching closely...  all of the sudden, a store front caught my eye: THE SANTA EXPERIENCE   BINGO!  We found him!  I really wanted to meet this man I had head all about! ;)  So we went in and explained how we missed our appointment the day before and really want to see him still-- we got in! :D 
This Santa ROCKS!!!  He was so fun!  Asked the boys if they:
1. have been brushing their teeth?
2. are sleeping in their own bed?
3. helping mom around the house and cleaning up toys?
4. eating their vegitables at dinner?
He did loads of high-fives and then when John said he wants daddy tools for Christmas, He broke out into a song about "cool tools" (!!) It was soo cute! He was doing fist pumps and singing, "cool cool tools!"  John's eyes were huge in excitment!  Stephen was a bit reserved at first, but did end up giving him a high-five tward the end and asked for an apple (???) 

At the end of the day, MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR SANTA AT THE MOA!  He IS THE ONLY SANTA TO SEE! :)


Macy's Santa:



Sear's Santa:


THE Santa!



0 comments: