CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Flying with Kids... It's ...Easy??

I did it!!   You can too!! There are a few (simple?) things you need to do that will make your trip run smoothly. :)

1.  Have someone (this was Ryan for me) come with you to the airport.  They can get a gate pass ...this way you have an extra adult to get you to the gate.  It is free too! :)

2.  Every passenger needs a seat!  We bought the boys and I each a seat and then put the kids in their car seats.  Essentially it is like driving to the cabin, or ...a long car ride.  Kids are used to sitting in their car seats once buckled in. 

3.  Pack lots of activities.  :)   A no brainer, I know! haha
We had snacks, books, coloring, stickers, flashcards, loveys. and when everything else ran out, I had a Mickey movie to play on my computer. :)

4.  Bring a stroller that can double as a "cart" to help carry luggage. 

I used the latch system to clip both car seats onto the stroller, put gear on-top of the sun-shields, underneath in the carry area, and then rolled the Mickey luggage as I pushed the stroller.

 5. Dress the kids alike.  If you loose one, (hopefully this would never happen) people know that the lost child belongs to you... :)

6. Have someone pick you up! :)  Renting a car would have put me over the edge! HAHA  We had a driver come pick us up, and having them come inside is a bonus! :))

Good luck traveling everyone!!!

**the only time we started unraveling was when we were landing.  John's ears were popping, and he was very confused.  While he was crying, he was saying, "I can't even hear you, mommy.  I can't even hear my mommy."  He was very sad.... and It was sad to watch too.  :'(

0 comments: