CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mom and John Date

On Monday night, I was feeling like I really needed to get out of the house!  Well, let me back up to earlier in the day first.  Monday morning, I woke up to an email in response to my weaning blog...well, I woke up to a ton of supportive emails!  It was very relieving to know that really, I have a huge support system around me- family, friends and all my mom friends from M&M's.  Thank you!  One mom, Cyndi has a 5 month old who she is still BFing- and she had some extra pumped milk that she offered me.  So, I packed up the boys and we went to their house for a little informal play date.  It was really fun for the boys-a whole room full of new toys and Makenna to play with!! :D Cyndi and I got to chat while the kids played then I got my Cyndi's milk and we left. 
Monday evening, I was planning to take John to got him a new potty chair because his old one broke.  As I was packing the boys up, I thought, hmm...maybe Sara will watch SJ so I can have some time with just John?? Sure enough, she agreed!! :D  So, I dropped of SJ at my parents and Sara and SJ played while John and I went on a date!  (DATE, it is John's new favorite word.  On Sunday mornings, Ryan and I go on a date; church, breakfast and to buy groceries.  It is something we talk about all week and then on Sunday mornings, we tell John that he gets to have a date with grandma and poppa while mom and dad have their date.)  Anyways, after we dropped off SJ, John and I headed to BabiesRUs and found a new Elmo potty.  Of course, he picked it out! ;) Then we went to Perkins and had dinner.  We had a blast!  While we waited for the food, I didn't have to talk to any other adults, or be dividing my time between JR and SJ.  We colored on the menu, played eye-spy, sang songs and read the dessert menu. ;)  We enjoyed our dinners and then John took his cookie and the pie we got dad and we headed to my parents to get SJ. 
Stephen had a blast with Sara, Mike, Kelli and my parents- it was a party over there! We brought the potty inside to show everyone and played for a bit until Ryan called to tell us he was on his way home from school.  I packed the boys up and we headed home! A very fun night! Thanks Sara!!
Now, I just need to get John consistently using the potty...haha

0 comments: