CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Two Year Old Moments

As I sit here watching John on the little monitor while he is at speech.... they are learning animals, specifically the giraffe or as John just keeps saying neck.  haha

We drive past 3M where Ryan works almost everyday, sometimes a few times a day.  I started pointing it out to John, saying "Look John!  That is where daddy works!!  ... He drives there every morning in his truck and reads books about money all day!"   (Ok, I was simplifying things for the sake of talking to a 2 year old!) ;)  Anyways, now every time we get on to a freeway John screams, "Dada VVVERRR" (that means dad driving in his truck)  Then every hotel and high rise that remotely looks like the color of 3M's main building on 94, John screams, "Money Books!!! DAD! Money BOOKS!!!" 

John is really into the word "ME" ... Everything is ME!  
When I try to change SJ's diaper, he says "Yuck! Poop! Baby!!" Then, he tries to get in on the action, "ME!"  Umm... NO! 
He wants to zip every zipper, put on every shoe, do everything... ME!

John has been asking for Nana.  Well, Nana is in Cabo and then she is going to AZ for a few weeks.  Eeek!  It will be a while until John sees Nana.... I knew we needed to address this request that was coming often throughout the day.  So, after the potty party at the MOA, we went to the airport to see "Nana's airplane leave"  ... I know what you are thinking!  BUT- it worked perfectly.  We talked all about how Nana was going on a vacation to the ocean with Bompa and Lauren.  So, we waved bye-bye  to about 30 planes... and each one went like this... "Nana! nero-nero (that is the airplane sound he makes...) Bompa! Doggie, Woof woof- Bye-BYE!  NO! WATY WATY!!  YEEEAAAAA!  Bye Bye Nanny."  (all that means: Nanna went on an airplane with grandpa Steve, Sabo did not go with, and Nana and Bompa went on to the ocean/water. I am sure you followed that...) haha

When John is walking down the steps in our house he has decided to wants to be very independent.  We have very steep steps, so I worry he may loose his balance and could fall.  He will not go down backwards anymore, he won't let me help him, nothing.  So, I would tell him everyday, "hold on to the wall, it will help you if you get tipsy"  So now every step, every step John says, "Wall, Yeap!  Wall, YEEAP!" All while nodding his head in agreement with my request to carefully hold the wall so you don't fall. 

When we were at the mall yesterday, I was returning something at Nordstrom's  ... and it was taking a few minutes which seemed like forever at the time.  John saw a bra, and loudly said, "Boob! YUUUCK!!!!"  I wanted to die.  Then, he turned around and saw a big (yes, they were quite large) pair of undies, with his arms in the air flying he yelled, "A  BIG-A, BIIIG!"  Oh, boy-  couldn't the lady speed up this return??  I wanted to sink into the floor.  But, at the same time, I was SO excited that he was talking... LOL.

Oh, I love having a 2 year old... even though he hasn't learned to edit.... haha  John, I love you so much!

2 comments:

Miss Jewells

Oh my gosh - such cute stories!! Definitely made me smile :)

It was great seeing you the other day. We should definitely get together soon!

-Kristin

Caroline

It was great seeing you at Target! We would love to get together with you and your man!! :D