CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 31, 2010

Patrick Family Christmas Dinner

After we finished Christmas morning at our house, we put the boys down for a nap (OK, we had a family nap! haha)
We headed over to Jana and Steve's around 2:30.  Ryan took about 4 loads of gifts, gear, food and children out to the truck.  ALL I was supposed to remember to bring when I came out was the diaper bag with clean clothes for the boys and diapers.  Well, I forgot it!! : /  Usually, it wouldn't be a  huge deal, but we wanted everyone to see how cute the boys were in their jammies, so we didn't change them!  We were going to right after getting to G&G Patrick's.  OOPS!
John was in full swing present mode!!  I hate to admit it, but he had the greedy-gimmies.  It is hard as a parent to watch your child 'want' gifts so badly-- because, that is not the point of Christmas.  On the flip side, he is not old enough to completely understand the religious aspect of it either... Anyways, needless to say, he opened each and every gift that was given or received that afternoon. 
Alana made Ryan and I a wedding scrapbook!  I started one when I was pregnant with John... well, it never got finished!  Thank you Alana for making us one- We love it!! :D

 Auntie Alana and Auntie Lauren with Stephen.... who smelt like baby barf.  Sorry, that was my fault!

Ryan and I got John a fishing pole for at the cabin!!  We didn't make it up there much last summer because John was at a busy age, I was pregnant/Stephen was born and Ryan was studying for his CPA exams...
BUT this summer, we ARE going to be there a lot! :D  Get ready Patrick's! haha
And, now John will be ready to catch his first fish- I can't wait! (oh, no am am craving summer sun, sand, sunscreen smell and lemonade- shoot!) ;D

Smiley SJ with Aunt Lauren and Nana in the background

Party!!  I just love this picture!!

Hmm... What is in here..... It's a gift... must be for me! (umm, nope!)
We were showered with gifts at the Patrick's-  I can't wait to cook with my new pots and pans and Ryan got running boards for his truck!  The boys got toys, tee shirts and books.  Thank you Lauren, Alana, Jana and Steve for all the gifts! 
After the present high, we had a yummy roast with homemade bread and a salad.  The boys were quickly melting but we tried to sneak in a game of Christmas trivia- Lauren did a great job! Gold star for you Lauren! :D

Until next Christmas!!  .....



1 comments:

Jana Patrick

We love having your family over--Christmas was really fun! We enjoy your blog!