CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Do You Know The Muffin Man?

The songs I have been singing to Stephen at night and nap have been getting a bit old.  Last week I decided to mix it up a bit and try a few new ones.  Well, when I tried the Muffin Man song- it sparked his interest!  So I went with it... And may be taking it too far... but he really really likes it!  It goes something like this:
I start with the original verse:
Do you know the muffin man? The muffin man, the muffin man?  Do you know the muffin man, he lives on Mulberry lane.  Yes, I know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man, he lives on Mulberry lane!
Then, I change it up:
Do you know Uncle Ryan? Uncle Ryan, Uncle Ryan? Do you know Uncle Ryan, he lives in Rochester! Yes, we know Uncle Ryan, Uncle Ryan, Uncle Ryan! Yes, we know Uncle Ryan, he lives in Rochester!
And so on....
Gramma Mitty....Portland Avenue.... (Or, she is a nurse, too! )
Poppa Joe.... Portland Avenue... (he works at Plantra!)
Auntie Kelli... Bloomington...(she is an engineer!)
Auntie Sara..... St. Paul... (she is an engineer!)
Auntie Jinette.... Rochester....(she is a nurse, too!)
Uncle Mark.... St. John's College... (his girlfriend's name is Jill! Or, he is your god-daddy!)
Nana Jana... Arbor Court.... (she is a hockey player!)
Poppa Steve...Arbor Court...(he likes to golf!)
Auntie Lauren..... Ireland..... (she is a rock climber/likes to kayak!)
Auntie Alana.... St. Olaf College... (she is a your god-mommy!)

Anyways, it may sound (very) strange to you, but Stephen loves it and it is a good way for me to tell him little tid-bits about his family! :)  I change it up each line... and add/edit the song to however I need to while he is falling asleep.
Nighty - night!!!