CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 24, 2011

Love from Dad

I woke up this AM with this email in my Inbox:

From: "rppatrick2@mmm.com" <rppatrick2@mmm.com>
To: caroline.patrick@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 8:28 AM
Subject: Blog


Stevie-Joe!

I can't believe you are one!  This past year has flown by, but it sure has been fun.  You are such a joy to have in our lives, and are always quick with a smile.  It has been so fun watching you develop, especially these past few months.  You are such a content baby, and love to play with toys.  Your two favorite toys that you play with when I am home are baseballs and blocks.  On Easter mom and I....I mean the Easter Bunny, brought you and John a tee-ball set.  Initially you were OK watching John hit the ball, but as soon as he dropped the bat, you were quick to inspect the tee, bat and ball.  You love throwing the ball over and over again as well as dragging the bat around.  Your other interest has been blocks.  We had a relaxing night last evening hanging out on our front porch as a family.  JR was nice enough to provide you a number of blocks to play with and you happily stacked them over and over again - we may have a future architect, grandpa Steve would be proud!

Cuddly.  That is how I can best describe you.  One of my favorite memories with you was a few weeks ago.  You and I were sitting out on our front porch while mom was reading books to John in bed.  You were just relaxing sitting on my lap, looking out the window and every time that I would give you a kiss on your head, you would lay your head down on my shoulder and snuggle for a second.  You did this over and over again!  You definitely love to be held; especially by mom, and if held, will sit for long periods of time.  

One of my first memories of you is up at Nana and Grandpa's cabin on the 4th of July, 2010.  You were only a month old!  I remember bringing the pack-in-play down to the beach for you to sleep in.  We put a piece of screen over the top so the bugs wouldn't get you, and you slept peacefully while JR was busy on the beach.  You have always been a good sleeper, and easy to put to sleep at night.

Stephen, lately, my favorite thing to do has been watching you and John play together.  You are both getting to ages where you are wanting to interact.  Of course, there have been many times when you both want the same toy and wrestle for it, but there have also been a number of times lately where you two have played blocks, games and trucks together.  You both love being outside, and since our St. Paul house does not have AC, we have spent a lot of time outside this summer.  You and John have really enjoyed playing with water.  Whether it is in the water table, the sand-box because we forgot to cover it when it rained, or the sprinkler, you guys have had tons of fun splashing around and just being boys.  You are not afraid to get dirty!  As you have developed, you have begun noticing what your older brother is doing more and more, so when you see him playing in the sand and getting filthy, you jump right into the mix!  

We are so lucky and blessed to have you SJ, and I love every minute that I am home with you.  I can't wait to watch you grow, and experience all the memories that are yet to be made.  I love having two boys, and love you!  Happy first birthday Stevie-Joe.

Love,

Dad
Ryan admiring his son Stephen Joseph- June 4th 2010

Seriously, best dad ever!  Thank you Ryan for loving your kids so much! They love you right back!! :) XO