CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

In the Middle of the Night

“I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, As long as I’m living, My baby you’ll be.”

I think of the story, I'll Love you Forever every night as I am laying in bed, thinking about John and Stephen.  It has become a nightly ritual of mine to go in their room's and talk to them while they are sleeping-  Tell them about how much fun we had doing x, y, and z that day and then tell them what we will be doing when they wake up.  Of course, I talk to them about anything else on my mind, how much I love them and above all, that Daddy and I are proud of them. 
I think of that book because I am totally the mom in the book, crawling across the floor to her son's bed.  I am just feeling like I need to be sure I am cherishing every moment I have with our kids- and, no, being home with them everyday isn't enough! :)
I start in Stephen room, his floor is much less squeaky and he is a heavy sleeper.  I scoop him up in my arms and lift him out of his crib.  I have an old rocking chair that was my grandpa's in his bedroom that I rock him in.  He snuggles so close and peacefully sleeps and I talk to him.  Then, when I feel satisfied with our quiet, calm and not-rushed time together, I lay him back down, cover him up with (Mark Otis') blue doggy blanket and tip toe out of his room. 
I then head to John's room.  He is in a big boy bed and John is very unpredictable about where I will find him sleeping and in what position! If he isn't in his bed, I will move him there otherwise, I lay down next to him and hold his still little body tight.  I usually will sing him a song or two and then talk to him about our day.  It is not often that I get time with John when his body is still and relaxed.  I just love to see him so at peace and dreaming.  Then I give him a kiss on his forehead and tip toe out of his room. 
I just love these two little boys that Ryan and I have been so blessed with- I couldn't imagine life without them.  I hope this blog is read in the most sincere and loving way.  <3

4 comments:

thebabykitties

My mom used to read me that book when I was little and now it almost makes me sad to read myself! It goes by so fast!

Caroline

SOOO Fast Erica!! :(

Rachel

So sweet Caroine! You're such a good mommy! I'm sure if those boys could sneak into your room as you slept and tell you how much they love and appreciate you and Ryan, they would too!

That book is one of my absolute favorites! When we registered at Babies R Us, I found it and had to register for it--Jake didn't know what it was?!?! I was shocked...and told him that would
change ;) hehe!! I hope you guys have some fun plans for the 4th and fireworks this weekend!

Caroline

Rachel, I JUST saw your comment!
You are so sweet!! They would crawl into our room to ask what is for breakfast and when can they go to to play. LOL
I have another book you and Jake should get- Wishes For You by Tobi Tobias (ISBN: 0-688-10838)
Can't wait to meet your little lady! <3