CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 7, 2011

John and Books

They are a package deal!!

John and a wild child-- very busy and always high energy! :D 
Except when there is a book available to read.  John has a love for books that is indescribable.  He will sit for hours and listen to anyone read to him.  Some of his current favorites are:
Go Dog Go
In A Peoples House
How Groundhog's Garden Grew
Green Eggs and Ham
Noah's Ark (Lift the flap book)
Elmo's: I Can Do It!
I'm a Big Brother
and, any potty book!
Lately, I feel like he "graduated" from board books...  I got out some "big kid" books, it was neat to see how accomplished he felt to get "real books".  The only problem is that if we offer him a board book to look at, he runs the book over to Stephen and ditches it.

Last Friday, Kelli came over to play.  She brought lunch and we hung out all afternoon.  Along with lunch, she brought BOOKS from grandma Mitty!!  A huge 3M reusable bag of them!!! ;D  (Thanks mom, we loved the bag too!!)  My mom got out a bunch of books that were mine from when I was little for John to use.  It is fun to see John enjoy the books I used to like reading with my parents when I was a kid.  One of them even has my signature across the front of it. haha

As I type this, John is snuggled up in bed with his Bedtime prayers for Little Boys book.  Love it. XO