CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 14, 2011

Heart Shaped Cookies, Frosting, and Sprinkles

Today I hosted a play date for my mom's group.  I have been a member of Meetup: Moms and Munchkins  since May 2010.  It has been so much fun to get to know a bunch (92 members in total!!) of moms that are currently walking in the same shoes I am! haha  We are all taking life one day at a time, enjoying our new title (MOM) and our new babies.  The best part is having an adult to talk to while the tykes play.

Back to the play date...
This morning, I got the troops ready, myself ready and then we headed out to Cub to pick up my order, (heart shaped sugar cookies and frosting).  As we walked through the store, making our way to the bakery John was loving all the balloons.  Loving them!  He was crazy about them!  I thought, he wants a balloon... Why NOT?!  Most kids want candy, cookies and treats.... John wants a balloon... sure! How about 2?! haha  John picked out one for himself, a red heart.  Then, right away he looked at me and exclaimed, "baby?!"  So, I asked him which one he wanted to pick out for Stephen.   John knew right away- I big balloon shaped like a bear.  Oh boy was he proud and excited.  Anyways, we picked up or goodies and headed home.

Promptly at 9:30 the moms and kids started arriving!  Let the games begin!
I had almost everything set up and layed out. 

Now, on a side note-  I have done cookie decorating when I taught preschool and it always went pretty smooth.  However, today went prefect!!  Wow, it sure makes a difference when there is a 1:1 ratio of kids to moms.  Love this!
And the rest is history.....

John, "frosting" his Heart shaped marshmallow, and licking it off.  And repeat!

Elbow deep in frosting and sprinkles!

Stephen somehow got a hold of a to-go bag... all he wanted was a cookie.  :/
Maybe next year....

Yummy!! Frosting!!! :D


Frosting with her fingers! ;)


I didn't get a group shot... or, many pictures for that matter!  (Thanks Cyndi for letting me steal some of your pictures!)
Fun was had by all!  Thanks everyone for coming over and celebrating Valentine's with the Patrick's.  :D

0 comments: