CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

MINTED.COM

The story of our Christmas New Year's cards...

I ordered our cards from Minted.com back on December 6th!!
They sent me a proof that was missing John's name and there were a couple spelling errors... no problem, that's what a proof is for, right?  I talked to a couple people at the company that day and thought everything was smooth sailing.  I waited for my cards to come in the mail (they were to be overnighted) but, after 5 days I was a little confused as to why I hadn't received them.  I called back, the woman I spoke to said that the order was never sent to "print" ... OF COURSE IT WASN'T!
I finally received our cards on December 17th!  I was pretty bummed because I wanted them out "right away"  But, I was able to settle with a December 21st arrival date to our family and friends! :D

I got the cards and started putting them into the envelopes- excited to get them out!!   After writing notes on them, addresses, and sealing about 1/2 of our Christmas cards I realized that they had made 2 spelling errors (different ones then before) and said "We welcomed our son Joseph!"   WHAT~!?  His name is Stephen Joseph!!! 
I called them back and said, you omitted John's name before, and now Stephen's.... What is going on!?   They told me they would give me a 10% refund on my (expensive) order and correct the mistakes and resend them (overnight).  I was very frustrated, but I didn't have time (or energy) to fight with them about these cards anymore! 
After waiting until December 25th, I was ready to just bag the whole idea!  Christmas was over, the cards were not here and they were a hot mess!  I called back to tell them to just forget it and that I wanted all my money back and no cards.  The woman I talked to said, "Well, that's just fine because we FORGOT TO PRINT THEM!" REALLY!??  I couldn't believe it!
I asked for a manager.... her bright idea was to change the front to "Happy New Year" and correct the spelling errors and over night them (again!) and she would give me a 25% refund.... 
Needless to say....  They STILL screwed up the last copy... that I reluctantly sent out anyways:
Our our dream first home....  NOOO 

I am waiting for my FULL refund and am burnt out on Christmas New Year Cards!

I hope you enjoyed them!! :D LoL

2 comments:

Christin

I enjoyed mine.. and ava likes kissing the boys :D

Katrina

hehe I loved ours too! I put it out on display... and it turned out really well despite the typo... I'm guessing they won't be getting any recommendations from you :)